We moved our long-time league to NFL.com and it was a much better experience compared to Yahoo Fantasy Football. I had pick #8, which is a weird place to be because in the first round you miss out on the top 5 and then you end up waiting a long time between picks, making it harder to plan your roster properly. Anyway, I think it turned out reasonably well, considering the unusual path the draft took.
What do I mean by that? The first pick was Peyton Manning! Also, in the first round, THREE quarterbacks were picked. So clearly, not a traditional RB/RB/WR/QB style of a draft. Having said that, here’s my team:
- Eddie Lacy
- AJ Green
- Randall Cobb
- Julius Thomas (I was running out of true difference makers, and running backs around here were mostly meh)
- Joique Bell (This was a reach in some ways, but I am hoping the Lions do at least a 50-50 split)
- Nick Foles (Not a bad choice for a 6th round QB pick)
- Eric Decker (Hope Geno is a good QB this year)
- Fred Jackson (Carried me many a week last year, giving some love back :-))
- Carson Palmer (Cards are going to throw a lot, not a bad choice for QB2, even though this was probably my highest reach)
- Danny Woodhead
- Justin Hunter
- Pats D/ST
- James Starks (Glad to secure the handcuff this late in the draft)
- Jordan Matthews
So overall, just a little worried about RB2, but otherwise, reasonably satisfied with the roster. The key, as always, is the waiver wire pickups. There will be injuries and breakouts and busts, and it is how vigilant one is during the season that will determine the results.
Can’t wait for the season to start!